Job Search Advice: #NPRTwitterChat II Recap
This is a recap of the second #NPRTwitterChat, a collaboration between the HR teams of NPR and Twitter. #NPRTwitterChat is a quarterly chat that brings together experienced professionals at the intersections of HR, recruiting, and social media to provide job search advice and share jobs.
In this edition of the chat, we covered the following topics:
- Q1: What Social Media advice do you have for recent grads or students/interns?
- Q2: The job requires experience, but I don’t have any. How do I get it?
- Q3: What are some tools, tips, and tech that can help in your job search?
- Q4: I’m a perfect fit for the job why didn’t I get it?
- Q5: How can I build relationships with recruiters and/or employees in companies I’m interested in?
- BONUS: Hiring? Take the last 10 minutes to share your jobs with chat attendees.
We had over 50 participants sharing their experience, tips, and recommendations. You can find the Storify recap link below:
We'll be back for the third installment of #NPRTwitterChat in late Summer. In the meantime, you can keep up with our friends at Twitter on @JoinTheFlock, and NPR at @NPRjobs.
Be sure to check out the Storify for many other participants who regularly share career and job search insights like Laurie Ruettimann (@lruettimann), Jessica Merrell (@Blogging4Jobs), Matt Charney (@mattcharney), Justin Mass (@jmass), Steve Levy (@levyrecruits), and others.