TALENT MANAGEMENT EXECUTIVE
Talent Acquisition · Workforce Strategy · Employer Branding
- Built, led and mentored geographically dispersed high-performing HR teams ranging in size from 3-14
- Developed, launched and managed NPR’s social media recruiting and employment branding practice on a variety of platforms including LinkedIn, @NPRjobs on Twitter (23,000+ followers), This Is NPR on Facebook (80,000+), YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr, and Foursquare
- Solely designed, created and implemented a global internal communication strategy for the Ticketmaster/ LiveNation merger
- Conducted interviews and wrote blog posts promoting NPR hiring and employment branding initiatives for various publications including: HR Examiner, Wall Street Journal, Mashable, Washington Post, Social Media Examiner, Electronic Recruiting Exchange,SmartRecruiters, PBS MediaShift, SmartBlog on Social Media, Integrated Media Association, Poynter, Monster, LinkHumans, The Daily Muse and more.
- Evangelized NPR hiring and employment branding efforts by speaking at conferences including: SHRM Talent Management, New York Social Media Week, Social Recruiting Strategies Conference, SHRM Talent Tomorrow, ERE Recruiting Innovation Summit, TalentNet, #truHelsinki, LinkedIn Talent Connect, recruitDC, and others
- Founded of #NPRTwitterChat - a collaboration between the HR teams of NPR and Twitter, covered by Mashable, that brings together experts at the intersections of recruiting, HR, and social media to share job search and career advice
- Led the review, design, and implementation of several Applicant Tracking Systems (iCIMS/Taleo/Monster)
- Successfully led global executive searches in US, UK, China, Finland, Australia, and Canada
- Co-founder of Generation Listen, a grassroots effort to connect NPR with younger audiences, featured in the New York Times.
- Only member of Human Resources across all global IAC/InterActiveCorp companies selected to participate in their Emerging Leaders Program
- Developed KPIs to monitor, measure and adjust talent strategies
- Contributor to Society of Human Resources (SHRM) first book on social media
- Recognition: 2013 NPR Innovation Award, Top 100 Influencer by HR Examiner, Top 100 Most Social HR Experts by Huffington Post, HR Blogger Network 40 Under 40
- Expertise: Global Recruiting | Strategic Workforce Planning | M&A Integration | HR Technology | Social Media | Coaching, Training & Development | Employee Communication
Amplify Talent – Washington, D.C.
Founder December 2013 – Present
Amplify Talent was launched in 2013 to help companies optimize their recruiting and talent branding efforts. We partner with clients in three primary areas: employment branding, recruiting optimization, and recruiting.
National Public Radio ~ Washington, D.C.
Senior Director, Talent Acquisition & Innovation February 2011 – December 2013
In this turn-around role, I was brought in to lead the rebuilding of the talent acquisition function across NPR as part of an HR organizational rebuilding effort. My broad focus is providing leadership and advocacy for company-wide talent acquisition initiatives that align with NPR’s strategic mission and core values. We achieved this by re-imagining and revamping the NPR recruiting model from a reactive transactional approach that was based on job postings, to a progressive proactive model leveraging social media, recruitment marketing, brand advocates and evangelism, and employment branding. Select accomplishments include:
- Created social media-driven recruitment initiatives, resulting in a 50% reduction in job board costs.
- Led several employment cross-platform social media branding campaigns, including #NPRlife, to promote NPR culture, engage and activate employee recruiting and create more awareness of career opportunities.
- Drove employer branding and social recruiting strategies resulting in Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn all being in our top 7 sources of applicants and hires.
- Designed, developed and launched a variety of recruiting practices and new standard operating procedures.
- Developed a behavioral interview framework to enhance quality of hires.
- Developed collaborative recruiting programs, including #PubJobs, to leverage NPR’s market leadership position to enhance collaborative talent sharing across Public Media.
- Improved candidate experience by developing Application FAQs, training recruiters and hiring managers, and other proactive candidate communications.
- As member of the NPR Diversity counsel, led a variety of proactive diversity partnerships
Magento ~ Culver City, CA
Head of Recruiting/HR (Contract) July 2010 – February 2011
As an independent consultant for this leading global open-source eCommerce platform, responsible for full life-cycle recruiting for a broad range of technical and corporate roles and developing sustainable HR, talent acquisition, and branding strategies and programs. Helped scale the team from 30 to 100+ over that time, helping position Magento for an acquisition by eBay.
Live Nation Entertainment/Ticketmaster ~ West Hollywood, CA
Vice President, Human Resources May 2008 – July 2010
Senior Director, Global Talent Acquisition August 2005 – May 2008
Sr Recruiter/Recruiting Manager June 2003 – August 2005
Joined Ticketmaster in June 2003 as a Senior Recruiter and took on increasing levels of responsibility through VP, Human Resources. As VP, Human Resources at Ticketmaster responsible for leading several teams including: Global Recruiting, Employee Development, Employee Communications, and Employee Services & Engagement. Select accomplishments include:
- Developed and implemented global talent acquisition, employment branding, and employee development/growth and retention strategies.
- Solely responsible for the design and execution of the Ticketmaster – Live Nation post-merger integration internal communications strategy. This included partnering with global integration leads to develop FAQs, communication planning resources and toolkits, email distribution lists and parallel merger sites on each company’s intranet.
- Selected to lead a global cross-functional team to benchmark, develop, present and implement global on-boarding solutions to help indoctrinate new hires around the world into Ticketmaster.
- Built Ticketmaster’s first Employee Communications function, resulting in an increase in employee engagement and new communication vehicles including a branded employee newsletter, HTML-based communications, robust employee portal, bi-directional feedback channels and more.
- Designed, developed and launched a new Cornerstone-based global performance management platform, leading to a 30% increase in employee participation and record completion percentages.
- Created internal and external recruiting strategies to build the team for Ticketmaster’s Joint-Venture partnership for the 2008 Olympic games in Beijing.
- Introduced and implemented global employee referral program and weekly internal job announcement emails, increasing internal promotion and awareness of global hiring initiatives and career paths.
- Spearheaded diversity recruiting efforts by establishing and maintaining relationships with diversity organizations and promoting awareness of Ticketmaster’s hiring efforts within diverse communities.
- Led two complete redesigns of external Ticketmaster.com career site to further drive employee branding, including the “Ticketmaster Rocks” initiative.
- Managed the development and rollout of a new global employee portal/intranet hosted on Sharepoint.
Intersperse ~ Pasadena, CA
Recruiter (contract) August 2001 – June 2003
Intersperse was a Kleiner, Perkins, Caufield and Byers backed technology startup developing an Enterprise Management Framework to map, monitor and discover integrated application platforms. Recruited by VP, Engineering as sole recruiter responsible for designing and executing strategic and cost-effective recruiting plans for various technical and corporate teams, as the company shifted from an ASP to a software model. Hired over 60 technologists and corporate employees on time and under budget.
Pencom Systems Incorporated ~ NY, NY / Santa Monica, CA
Senior Technical Recruiter / Account Manager June 1998 – August 2001
Pencom Systems was a nationwide technical recruiting firm providing IT consulting and contingent/ retained/ contract recruiting services with clients ranging from inception level startups to Fortune 500 companies.
Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida May 1998
B.S., Marketing and Multinational Business, concentration in International Management and Marketing
AFFILIATIONS AND INTERESTS
- Director-At-Large, Board of Directors – RecruitDC (2013 – Current)
- Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM) (2008 – Current)
- Entertainment Human Resources Network (EHRN) former Co-Chairman, Membership (2004 – 2010)
- Recognition: HR Examiner Top 100 Influencers, Monster’s 12 for 2012, SHRM We Know Next blogger
- Co-founder and Co-host, Career Hangout
- Travel, social media, mobile, technology, film, music, Los Angeles Marathon (2010)