The first #NPRTwitterChat was created to bring together seasoned professionals at the intersections of social media, recruiting, and HR with job seekers for a discussion about social media. The turnout was great, with hundreds of participants contributing their thoughts and insights. Mashable covered it in the article, “How To Effectively Use Twitter As A Job Search Resource“.
The most popular question once the event wrapped up? When’s the next one?
So we got together with our friends at Twitter and decided to make this a quarterly event. Our next #NPRTwitterChat will be Thursday 5/30 at 7pm EST. The format will be the same as the last event. We’ll bring in a diverse pool of experienced recruiting and HR professionals to cover 5 topics related to your job search. We’ll cover topics including:
- Q1: What Social Media advice do you have for recent grads or students/interns?
- Q2: The job requires experience, but I don’t have any. How do I get it?
- Q3: What are some tools, tips, and tech that can help in your job search?
- Q4: I’m a perfect fit for the job why didn’t I get it?
- Q5: How can I build relationships with recruiters and/or employees in companies I’m interested in?
- BONUS: Hiring? Take the last 10 minutes to share your jobs with chat attendees.
We’re also hosting a special one hour TalentNet Radio with Craig Fisher (@Fishdogs) and recruiters from Twitter Tuesday 5/28 at 7pm EST. This will be aimed more towards a recruiting/HR audience, but anyone can dial in or follow along on the #TalentNet hashtag. You can check out our last #NPRTwitterChat TalentNet Radio here.
If you’re new to Twitter chats, there are useful tools like TweetChat.com that make following live chats easier. You can find additional resources here. We’ll be posting a recap of the highlights on Storify following the event.
We hope to see you 5/30. It’s an open event, so invite anyone you think might benefit or have something to add to the discussion.